Autism, Carers & ABFE
One of the most alarming trends in health and wellbeing today is the dramatic rise in the number of
children being diagnosed with conditions that fall under the Autistic Spectrum umbrella.
1 day Workshop
Autism, Carers and ABFE
2 day Workshop
One of the most alarming trends in health and wellbeing today is the dramatic rise in the number of children being diagnosed with conditions that fall under the Autistic Spectrum umbrella. In many developed countries such as the US and UK it is now conservatively estimated that the rate of children with autism is 1:60. Many medical experts say the actual rate is much higher. The consequences of this rising tide is having an immense impact, not only on the individual children themselves, but also on their families, the medical and education systems and in fact the whole community. There is a tremendous amount of ignorance and confusion amongst all sectors dealing with this problem.
The first Autism, Carers & ABFE workshop presented by Elizabeth Curran is being held on 22nd May 2016. Having helped hundreds of families cope with autism over the last 20 plus years, Elizabeth has a vast wealth of knowledge, experience and success in helping all members of the family have a better quality of life. Elizabeth’s intention with this workshop is to empower families, carers, health practitioners as well as any individual suffering from autism. The workshop will be very practical, full of great information and of course advising how to use the Bush Essences in relation to this condition and situation.
This one day workshop will specifically cover the following conditions:
- An overview of "What is Autism”
- Diagnosis and survival for the whole family – how this affects everyone emotionally
- All behaviour is communication
- Sources of anxiety for the child with Autism
- Visual communication and visual language
- Individual sensory preferences and profile types
- Sibling wellbeing – self esteem and self confidence
- Transitions in life - schedules to complement change
- Puberty and Adolescence
- The challenges of the carer’s journey
There will also be plenty of opportunities to ask any questions you may have. So I invite you to join Elizabeth for an enlightening day. If you have any questions please contact us
Who Is This Workshop For?
- Parents and Carers wanting helpful practical information and strategies
- Parents and Carers struggling to cope
- Professionals and therapists who wish to get a greater
understanding for their clients and professional advancement
- Anyone suffering from autism or associated conditions under the Autistic Spectrum
- Anyone who has a general interest in this area
There are no prerequisites for you to attend this workshop.
Depending on the number of participant questions and the flow of each workshop, as well as time constraints, all topics may not be covered.
"I commend this course to you. Empower your life and help find some clarity."